Tuesday, September 24, 2013

PALOMA'S ANKH

So, yesterday it was my son Jeremie getting tattooed,
today it was his Mom, Paloma.

She has wanted an Ankh symbol to go around the 
Caduceus symbol tattoo she already has on her forearm
for years now. She wanted it to be black & white,  as 
sort of a backdrop to the existing colour tattoo.


This is the one she already has, the Caduceus symbol,
that she had done 6 years ago.



So I printed out a copy of a photo of her forearm
and did a drawing of what I thought it might look like.

Paloma liked it.....alot!


I then drew it onto her with a grey marker.
This is NOT a tattoo yet, just my rough under-drawing.


Her the first grey lines are going in. The final look is soft and subdued,
so I am using no real dark blacks at all, mostly soft grey tones.


Here it is with all the preliminary lines and darkest shadows done.



Here it is with all the preliminary lines and darkest shadows done.



And now here it is after the first shading pass.



And here it is finally after the final shading pass, 
although I am planning to add white and fix a
couple of lines tomorrow.


Here it is finally after the final shading pass



Here it is finally after the final shading pass




1 comment:

Alex Smith said...

Nice Post.
Those photos are amazing!!!!

Cranbourne Tattoo